Showing Your Home
When Your House is Being Shown:
- LIGHT – Leave the lights on and keep the curtains and blinds open. If it’s night, turn on outside lighting.
- CLEAN – Keep your house tidy, and avoid clutter. Neatness makes a room look bigger. Also, avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink or on the counters.
- SILENCE – Keep radio and TV off. If you can’t leave the home, be courteous, but stay quiet and out of the way of the potential buyer.
- KEEP IT FURNISHED – If possible, leave your house furnished. Depend on your real estate professional’s guidance when asked about furnishings that may stay.
- PETS OUT – Keep pets out of the way – preferably out of the house. Many people are uncomfortable around some animals.
- TRUST YOUR AGENT – Refer direct inquiries you receive about seeing your house to your real estate professional to take advantage of their real skills in selling your home. Let your Realtor discuss price, terms, possession, and other factors with the prospect. She is highly qualified to bring negotiations to a favorable conclusion.
I will follow-up with the prospective buyer’s agent after each showing to…
- Gauge interest in making an offer
- Answer any potential questions, and
- Get feedback about the home – what they liked and didn’t like.
You will have access to all the feedback I receive via the CSS (Centralized Showing Service) system.